Postdoctoral Scientist Positions at Karchin Lab
We are seeking recent Ph.D. graduates for postdoctoral scientist positions in Dr. Rachel Karchin’s lab at the Institute of Computational Medicine, Johns Hopkins University.
Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) is a deadly disease with the lowest five-year survival rate among all common cancer types (9%) One reason for the dismal prognosis of pancreatic cancer is that 90% of tumors are diagnosed at a late stage after they have metastasized beyond the pancreas, However, PDAC arises through non-invasive precursor lesions that are curable if detected and treated early enough. In collaboration with Dr. Laura Wood, a pancreas cancer pathologist at Hopkins Medicine, we are performing whole-genome and whole-exome sequencing of PDAC precursor lesions from human tissues, including longitudinal sequencing of organoid cultures from mixed precursor subclones.
We are specifically looking for a candidate who can contribute to developing novel algorithms and computational tools to perform computational evolutionary reconstruction of these lesions.
Johns Hopkins University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity at all levels and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Computer Science or related fields.
Minimum Skills Required
- Programming proficiency in at least one of Python or R
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as oral presentation skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work independently and professionally with minimal supervision and direction
- Experience with the analysis of DNA sequence data and genomic datasets
- Experience with cancer evolutionary modeling
As soon as possible
How To Apply
To apply, please send a CV and a short research statement (1 to 2 pages) to Dr. Rachel Karchin (firstname.lastname@example.org), along with the names of three references. The position is open immediately, and applications will be considered until the position is filled.